At the apex, EMRDA is over seen by the General Assembly, Board of Directors and General Secretary. Under the board is the secretariat office which (the latter) is mandated to spear-head of direct EMRDA's operational duties. Headed by a General Secretary the office constitutes three operational departments, Viz: Administration and Finance Service, Project Co-ordination and Aid Co-ordination & Public Relation. The organizational setting of EMRDA is given by the following organogaram.
Program Coordination Office (Project Office)
1. Afar Development Program Coordinating Office
Contact Person:- Ato Yahya Mohammed - Project Coordinator
Region:- Afar Zone:- 3 Woreda:- Amibara
Locality:- Sedihafage (Melka Sedi)
2. Wollo Development Program Coordinating Office
Contact Person:- Ato Jemal Mohammed
Region:- Amhara Zone:- 3
Woreda :- Gubalafto Kebele:- Woldia
Tele: 251- 3- 311168
3. Hetosa and Dodota Sire Woreda Development Program Coordination Office
Contact Person:- Asrat Demisie
Region:- Oromia Zone:- Arsi
Woreda:- Hetosa Locality:- Iteya
4. Lode Hetosa Woreda Program Development Coordinating office
Contact Person:- Junedin Kasim
Region:- Oromia Zone:- Arsi
Woreda:- Lode Hetosa Locality:- Huruta
Personnel: - It has a well-developed and clearly articulated personnel & Administration manual. The staff developed their capacity of project planning implementation, and control organizational development, project Monitoring & Evaluation, leadership & management, strategic planning, fund raising, surveying, finance & personnel management and other development oriented skills through various training, experience sharing and field practicum in country & abroad.
Financial: - EMRDA has a well-prepared financial management policy. Both fixed asset inventory and financial Auditing is annually made by a dully-recognized external audit firm. Its account till 2001 has been audited, and the 2002 audit is under preparation. The financial accounting system the organization is utilizing is double entry with updated Peachtree software program since 1998.
Information: - With its belief that development agencies can have a greater impact by collaborating and exchanging information among themselves, EMRDA is currently established Networking & Partnership with Pact Ethiopia, CRDA, World Faith Development Dialogue, Action Aid Ethiopia, Basic Education Networking Group, Ethiopian professional management association, Basic Education Networking Group, Ethiopian Educational Research Association, NGO Networking Development Ethiopian, Code of Conduct of Ethiopian NGOs, and most international and indigenous NGOs engaged in similar development activities. EMRDA uses e-mail, Fax, Telephone and postage as its main external information exchange instruments.
Program: - EMRDA has a five years development Strategic Plan as a blue print, which has recently been updated for the next three years (2003 - 2005). EMRDA’s program components are distinguished in that
- They are designed based on the findings of need assessment survey.
- Self reliance and sense of ownership of the projects, which will guarantee sustainability
- There is strong networking and collaboration with project partners in all phases of projects (planning, implementation and monitoring & evaluation).
- Timely monitoring & evaluation of projects together with project stakeholders.
- Timely annual plan and reports submission (financial & activity) to donors and concerned government offices.